If you were a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury that was caused by someone else is careless or negligent acts, you may be entitled to compensation. At Harris & Harris Injury Lawyers, you can count on a knowledgeable and skilled team to help you through this. When you need a Las Vegas paralysis attorney, call us.
Spinal cord injuries often lead to complete or partial paralysis. These injuries usually have lifelong consequences for victims and their families.
Why Are Harris & Harris Injury Lawyers Your Best Choice?
At Harris & Harris Injury Lawyers, we are going to bring more than 20 years of experience to your case.
- We believe in getting the best possible results for you and your needs. We will not settle for less than what you deserve and will take the case to trial if that is what is necessary.
- Our paralysis attorneys personally communicate with you to understand your needs and expectations. This allows us to secure the results that you want.
- Our fees are directly tied to our success with your case. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
What Will a Las Vegas Paralysis Attorney Do For This Case?
An attorney is essential for a paralysis case. Your partial or complete paralysis injury attorney will work to establish liability by:
- Obtaining all evidence in the case, including medical records, accident reports, eyewitness accounts, etc.
- Ensuring that you are evaluated by a trusted health care professional.
- Negotiating with the defendants to secure fair compensation for your injuries.
- Preparing your case for trial if necessary to secure the compensation you deserve.
Complete Or Partial Paralysis is Devastating
The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC) states that there are around 288,000 people living in this country with disabilities from a spinal cord injury. The NSCISC says that these injuries occur primarily due to:
- Vehicle accidents (38.3%)
- Falls (31.6%)
- Violence (13.8%)
- Sports and recreation incidents (8.2%)
- Medical or surgical mistakes (4.6%)
- Other (3.5%)
Depending on the severity of the injury, the first-year cost of care for a spinal cord injury ranges from $359,000 to over $1.1 million, and each following year ranges from $43,000 to $191,000.
Types of Paralysis
There are various types of paralysis a person can suffer from:
- Monoplegia: This refers to partial paralysis that is relegated to a single part of the body.
- Hemiplegia: This refers to paralysis that impacts half of a person’s body.
- Paraplegia: This refers to paralysis that affects victims from the waist down. Usually, paraplegics lose feeling and movement in both legs and hips.
- Quadriplegia: This refers to those who are paralyzed from the neck down. Victims usually lose feeling and movement in all limbs and their torso.
Let Us Help You Secure Compensation For Your Paralysis Case
If you or a loved one have been injured and are completely or partially paralyzed due to the actions of someone else, seek legal assistance immediately. Harris & Harris Injury Lawyers are going to be by your side, investigating what happened. Our goal is to secure the compensation you deserve, which can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the negligent party
When you need a Las Vegas complete or partial paralysis lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling us at (702) 384-1414 or toll-free at 1 (800) 393-2350.